© 2017 WebRightServices.net


collection

Home


Alden Electric


Hanscom


All Wave Tube Co


APCO Manufacturing


BLACKSTONE


BELL


BLACKSTONE


BI WIRELESS


Broadcasting


Brown Wireless


CeCo


Cleartone


Cote


CeCo


Crescent Braid


D & W


DELFELCO


Harold P Donle


Dutee Wilcox Flint


EDSON


EKKO


Eight In One


DYMAC


EMTWISTLE COMPANY


EPPLEY


EVERETT


EVERITE


FORD


Frank B Perry


Giblin


Hearthside House


HEN HOUSE


HOPE WEBBING


BLACKSTONE


INLAID


HOPE WEBBING


Lightning Battery Company


Little Giant


Charles D Lindridge


RI MANUFACTURES


Marconi


Marco


RID


MUSEUMS


M W DUnton


North American Radio Log


Patton-Mac Guyer Co


Polleroyal


Polleroyal


Prague Electric Company


ProJo Article


ProJo Lies


ProJo Radio Section


Providence Radio Association


RID


Radio Progress


Rhode Island Amatures


RIHS Exhibit


Radio Boys


Rhode Island Radio School


Rhode Island Radio Shows


Ross Wire Co


Royal Electric


Roytron Tube Co


Sahara Dry Battery


Sales and Service


SOS


Supertone


Supertone


TAYLOR


Tesla


TRIAD


UNITED


UNITED


VARLEY


Venus 
Radio Tube


GOODREAU


Massie


Warren


WCBR


WCOT


WCOT


WEAN


WFCI


Whites Radio Log


WECCO


WIzARD


WJAR


WKAD


WKBF


WCOT


World Radio


WPRI


E A Willemin


E-MAIL













Thanks for your support of
Rhode Island Radio Website!
















Website Powered by









WKBF Antenna On The Roof Of The Residence Of Dutee Wilcox Flint, 1925


WKBF, began broadcasting from Cranston, Rhode Island on June 15, 1924, 1 owned by Dutee Wilcox Flint and operating at 1050 kc.; 2 on June 30, 1925, the call letters were changed to WDWF, reflecting the owner's initials, and the station moved to 680 kc. 3 That December, Lincoln Studios began to share ownership of the station with Flint; Lincoln broadcast its programming under the call sign WLSI in 1927. 4 WDWF and WLSI moved to 800 kc. by June 30, 1927, 5 to 1090 kc. in October, 6 to 1150 kc. in November, 6 and to 1210 kc. in February 1928. 6 By 1930, the studios for WDWF and WLSI were located in Providence. 6

Before WKBF Flint opened WKAP. The station was 500 watts making it one of the most powerful stations in the East. The station was installed in two rooms of concrete construction in the basement of the Flint residence. The station was one of only two stations in the country of the same type. It uses the lastest speech amplifiers assuring purity of tone and volume. The antenna was supported by 2 towers, 100 feet high. 7

Dutee Wilcox Flint
the Oldest Ford Car Dealer in Point of Service
THE AUTOMOBILE JOURNAL
October, 1918


1 History of American Broadcasting

2 U. S. Radio Stations as of June 30, 1924

3 Chronology of call letters WDWF

4 Rhode Island Radio, By John Rooke, Gary Berkowitz

5 U. S. Radio Stations as of June 30, 1927

6 WPRO

7 Radio Progress, May 5th, 1924